The 2022 Jaguar Pride Association High School Senior Scholarship Application is now available!
Scholarship Details: The JPA awards one (1) John Albright Heart of a Jaguar Award scholarship of $1500 and four (4) scholarships of $1000. These one-time awards are designed to assist students pursuing further education. The scholarships are intended to recognize outstanding graduating student athletes at Claudia Taylor Johnson High School.
Athletes who receive a full athletic scholarship to any college or university will NOT be eligible to receive a JPA scholarship. Scholarships funds can only be used for tuition and will be made payable to the school/institute in which the student is enrolling.
Requirements for a JPA Scholarship:
- Athletic Participation: Applicant must be a 12th grade student in good standing at Johnson High School, who has participated as an athlete in at least one high school sport their senior year and must have participated in a sport at least one other year while attending high school. The applicant’s athletic record will be verified by the Scholarship Selection Committee through the Athletic Director’s office after submission of application.
- Academic Achievement: Applicant must have a minimum weighted, cumulative high school grade point average of 80. GPA will be verified by CTJ guidance counselors after submission of application.
- Good Sportsmanship: Applicant must exemplify good sportsmanship, including attitude toward team members, coaches, equipment, officials and spectators.
- Higher Education: Applicant must plan to enroll in an institute of higher learning within one year of graduation from CTJ. Such institutions include colleges and universities, as well as technical and vocational schools & institutes.
- JPA Membership: Applicant’s parent/guardian must be a current member of the JPA Athletic Booster Club (last date to join for JPA Scholarship purposes is February 28, 2022) Join online at JaguarPride.org To check your membership status, please email the JPA Membership Chair at DiharceJPA@gmail.com.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION BY 4:30 PM ON February 28, 2022.